In-N-Out Animal Style Mac N' Cheese Recipe | Mythical Kitchen
Mythical Chef Josh combines In-N-Out Burger's famous Animal Style French Fries with everyone's favorite comfort food, Macaroni and Cheese. Make your own version with the recipe below! MK #001
Subscribe to Mythical Kitchen: nosel.info
Click the bell icon so you'll know when we add a new video!
Want more Mythical Kitchen? Check out these playlists:
Fancy Fast Food - nosel.info/longPLW8XZTagL0oJhk71Ip3rIzHOFY3Edw2pw.html
Snack Smash - nosel.info/longPLW8XZTagL0oKYv5beEZpH5hP8aA5ahGKQ.html
Food Fears - nosel.info/longPLW8XZTagL0oK6vh1N6DOYcdWzGyuAxjtN.html
Pick up official Mythical Kitchen merch at mythical.com/collections/mythical-kitchen
Join the Mythical Society: www.mythicalsociety.com
Follow Mythical Kitchen:
Mythical Chef Josh's Instagram: mythicalchefjosh
Today's recipe comes from GMM #1580: Will It Mac And Cheese?: nosel.info/video/video/l4KHb2ypiIx9wpo.html
Animal Style Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Makes 4 servings
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes (55 minutes if using dried macaroni noodles)
Active Time: 40 minutes
French Fry Macaroni Noodles
- 2 orders In-N-Out French fries or 8 ounces of any french fry (to yield ⅔ cups of fry crumbs)
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 cup warm water
(**Feel Free to substitute in 8 ounces of dried macaroni noodles instead!**)
1. Bake the french fries at 185 degrees for 5 hours, until fully dehydrated.
2. Heat a large pot full of salted water on high. Grind the french fries in a food processor until smooth then use a spoon to push through a strainer to ensure there are no large pieces.
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the semolina flour and ⅔ cups of ground french fry crumbs. Add half your water and mix with your hands until a shaggy dough forms. Add the rest of the water and knead with your hands for a few minutes until dough is smooth and doesn’t stick to your hands. If the dough is too dry to from a solid ball, knead in a few drops of water. If the dough is too wet and sticks to your hands, knead in a few pinches of semolina flour. Form finished dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and let set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
4. Unwrap rested dough then feed it through a Kitchenaid macaroni extruder while cutting off the pasta tubes at ¾ inch intervals. Dust a pan with extra semolina flour to catch the noodles.
5. Drop in salted boiling water for 4 minutes and strain to reserve for later.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 whole white onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1. Melt butter on high in a medium sauce pot then add in onions, sugar, and salt. Stir and continue to cook on medium-high for 15 minutes until a deep caramel color has formed. If the onions start to burn, add in a ¼ cup of water and stir.
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Chop dill pickles as finely as humanly possible then whisk together with mayo, ketchup, chopped pickles paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can always substitute relish for dill pickles but it doesn’t have the same bite.
Animal-Style Cheese Sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 ½ Tbsp flour
- 16 oz whole milk
- 12 slices American cheese
- 4 ounces shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island
1. Melt butter in a small sauce pot on medium then add flour and stir. Cook for about two minutes until a light blonde color is reached. Add in milk, stir, and cook for about two minutes until sauce has visibly thickened. Add American cheese and cheddar and stir until melted. Take off the heat then add in Thousand Island.
Finishing the Animal-Style Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped french fries
- Cooked macaroni noodles
- Animal-Style cheese sauce
- Thousand Island
- 4 slices American Cheese
- Caramelized onions
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat the oil in a sautee pan until it moves freely across the pan then add your chopped french fries and fry until crispy, about 30-45 seconds. Strain and reserve.
2. Stir together macaroni noodles and Animal-Style cheese sauce to your desired cheesy noodly levels. Either portion out into individual baking dishes or one larger baking dish.
3. Top with crispy french fry bits and bake for 10 minutes, just until piping hot and molten.
4. Remove from the oven and immediately top with a slice of american cheese, a hefty smattering of Thousand Island, and Caramelized onions.
5. Eat it, but please wait for it to cool a bit because we don’t need another burnt tongue lawsuit on our hands :(
Publisert Måned siden